"EcoSchoolers" Home School Program
EcoSchooler classes are hands-on environmental education activities plus STEM challenges for the home school student. These classes are designed to encourage experimenting, tinkering, building, observing, exploring, problem solving, and creating. Our science activities will help create curiosity and passion for the world of STEM. Classes are held Wednesdays and Fridays. Topics are the same on Wednesday and Friday of the same week.
These drop-off EcoSchooler classes are for children ages 7-12 and are from 9:30-11:30.
Please bring a snack and water!
Classes fill up quickly. Payment at the time of reservations is required. Please call 713 274 2668 to reserve your spot. Fee: $15 per child for non-members; $12 per child for members.
Payment of fees is needed to complete your registration and is non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) staff. If ABNC cancels for any reason, you will be given the option of applying the fees to another program or a refund.
If you must cancel, please notify Kathy at 713 274 2668 before 9:00am on the day of the scheduled class. You will receive a credit voucher for either another class or it can be applied to another ABNC program, admission fee, or gift shop item. Any non-attendance or cancellation after 9:00am on the day of the class will result in loss of payment. ABNC does not give refunds for these classes.
Classes are held rain or shine.
- Field Biologist 2 - Outdoor BasicsJanuary 10 and 12
- Martyn FarmJanuary 17 and 19
- Water CycleJanuary 24 and 26
- AlligatorsJanuary 31 and February 2
- Food ChainFebruary 7 and 9
- Nosing around MothsFebruary 14 and 16
- Endangered AnimalsFebruary 21 and 23
- Field Biologist 3 - Think Global, Act LocalFebruary 28 and March 2
- Soil SuperheroesMarch 7 and 9
- Micro/Macro Hike - AntsMarch 21 and 23
- Bursting BudsMarch 28 and 30
- Habitat HuntApril 4 and 6
- Prairie PlantingApril 11 and 13
- Earth Day April 18 and 20
- Bee - Friendly GardeningApril 25 and 27
- H2O OlympicsMay 2 and 4
- ButterfliesMay 9 and 11
- Tell Tale TracksMay 16 and 18
- Fantastic Field FunMay 23 and 25