"EcoSchoolers" Home School Program
EcoSchooler classes are designed to be hands-on environmental education activities for the home school student. These classes build on one another but may be taken independently. A different science component is taught each week. Classes are held Wednesdays and Fridays (topics are the same on Wednesday and Friday of the same week). These drop-off EcoSchooler classes are for children ages 7-12 from 9:30-11:30.
Please bring a snack and water!
Classes fill up quickly. Payment at the time of reservations is required. Please call 713 274 2668 to reserve your spot. Fee: $15 per child for non-members; $12 per child for members.
Payment of fees is needed to complete your registration and is non-refundable unless the program/class/activity is cancelled by Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) staff. If ABNC cancels for any reason, you will be given the option of applying the fees to another program or a refund.
If you must cancel, please notify ABNC at least seven (7) days prior to the program/class/activity. If you inform us at least one week before, we will issue you a credit voucher for the full amount of your payment that may be applied to another ABNC program fee, admission fee or gift shop item. Any non-attendance or cancellation less than seven (7) days will result in the full charge of the fee. ABNC does not give cash refunds.
If you cancel less than seven (7) days but more than two (2) days prior to the program, we will issue you a credit voucher for your payment less a 10% administrative fee. The credit voucher may only be used for EcoTots, EcoKids or EcoSchoolers fees.
Classes are held rain or shine.
- Learning to Look, Looking to SeeSeptember 7 and 9
- Aquatics 1: HydrologySeptember 14 and 16
- Aquatics II: Pond LifeSeptember 21 and 23
- Aquatics III: Understanding Wetlands & BayouSeptember 28 and 30
- Designing HabitatsOctober 5 and 7
- Invasive SpeciesOctober 12 and 14
- Uncovering TracksOctober 19 and 21
- Tracking SkillsOctober 26 and 28
- Wind PowerNovember 2 and 4
- Simple MachinesNovember 9 and 11
- Mapping & OrienteeringNovember 16 and 18
- Egg Drop ExperimentNovember 30 and December 2
- InsulationDecember 7 and 9
- Super Scavenger HuntDecember 14 and 16