Learn and play in Nature! Join our EcoKids classes either Wednesday or Friday from 9:30-11:30; Topics are the same on Wednesdays and Fridays of the same week. Each class will explore a different Nature topic. Classes are for children only and include a natural history lesson, music, story, craft, demonstrations and an outdoor activity. All children 3 to 6 years old and fully potty trained are welcome.
Please bring a Snack and Water.
Non Member Fee per child $12; Member Fee per child $10
Payment at the time of reservation is required. Please call 713 274 2668 to reserve your child's spot.
Payment of fees is needed to complete your registration and is non-refundable unless the program/class/activity is cancelled by Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) staff. If ABNC cancels for any reason, you will be given the option of applying the fees to another program or a refund.
If you must cancel, please notify ABNC at least seven (7) days prior to the program/class/activity. If you inform us at least one week before, we will issue you a credit voucher for the full amount of your payment that may be applied to another ABNC program fee, admission fee or gift shop item. Any non-attendance or cancellation less than seven (7) days will result in the full charge of the fee. ABNC does not give cash refunds.
If you cancel less than seven (7) days but more than two (2) days prior to the program, we will issue you a credit voucher for your payment less a 10% administrative fee. The credit voucher may only be used for EcoTots, EcoKids or EcoSchoolers fees.
Classes are held rain or shine.
- CicadasSeptember 7 and 9
- Acorns and PineconesSeptember 14 and 16
- Nature's ColorsSeptember 21 and 23
- Nature's ShapesSeptember 28 and 30
- OwlsOctober 5 and 7
- SpidersOctober 12 and 14
- Animal SkullsOctober 19 and 21
- BatsOctober 26 and 28
- BisonNovember 2 and 4
- Native AmericansNovember 9 and 11
- Pioneer DayNovember 16 and 18
- Migratory BirdsNovember 30 and December 2
- HibernationDecember 7 and 9
- Winter OlympicsDecember 14 and 16
- Sheep to SweaterJanuary 11 and 13
- CamouflageJanuary 18 and 20
- Simple MachinesJanuary 25 and 27
- RaccoonFebruary 1 and 3
- SkunksFebruary 8 and 10
- ArmadilloFebruary 15 and 17
- OpossumsFebruary 22 and 24
- Roots & ShootsMarch 1 and 3
- TreesMarch 8 and 10
- Flowers and SeedsMarch 22 and 24
- DecompositionMarch 29 and 31
- Pollinators: Bees and ButterfliesApril 5 and 7
- AntsApril 12 and 14
- Water InsectsApril 19 and 21
- Frogs and ToadsApril 26 and 28
- SnakesMay 3 and 5
- TurtlesMay 10 and 12
- AlligatorsMay 17 and 19
- FishMay 24 and 26