ABNC Employment Opportunities
The Armand Bayou Nature Center is home to a diverse and talented staff. ABNC hires a combination of permanent, temporary and seasonal staff to fill a variety of administrative, educational, and interpretive programming needs.
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a casual working environment, attracts friendly, dedicated professionals, and supports individual career development. Permanent staff turnover is typically low; though our needs continue to evolve as ABNC programming grows. As permanent positions become available, we will announce them here.
All applicants, whether responding to a posted announcement or seeking future employment consideration, must submit a completed and signed application form.
Current Staff Openings
Donor Development Coordinator
Contract Position Description
Armand Bayou Nature Center is seeking a Donor Development Coordinator (DDC) on a contractual (1099) basis to assist the Board of Trustees and Executive Director in growing the contributed revenue of our annual operating income. Contract will be for a 6-month period with option for renewal for another 6 months. Services include coordinating aspects of fund development for the Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) including 1) major gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, 2) annual giving from memberships and all other sources, 3) grant writing as appropriate. The revenue goal for a 6-month period through major gifts, annual giving programs, and fund raising initiatives will be negotiated. This position works closely with the Executive Director and reports to the President of the Board of Trustees. Ability to transition to regular employment is dependent of success.
Objectives of the Assignment
ABNC seeks a DDC capable of planning and implementing actions to fill the funding gap. The DDC is expected to strengthen existing funder relationships and develop new funding opportunities. The DDC will work primarily on unrestricted major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations, and on an as-needed basis on annual giving campaigns and restricted grant applications, as determined by fundraising strategy plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop/revise fundraising strategy and action plan elements of ABNC’s Strategic Business Plan. Implement action plans to achieve contribution targets.
- Develop fundraising goals with President and Executive Director that diversify ABNC’s funding base and support its long-term business objectives. Monitor progress against goals and produce periodic performance reports.
- Collaborate with ABNC Visitor Services, Education and Stewardship staff to write and submit grant applications to foundations, corporations and government agencies as needed.
- Prepare materials for Board of Trustees Fundraising / Membership and Marketing / Public Relations committee meetings, attend meetings and coordinate follow-up activities.
- Must have 5 years of experience in a professional fundraising environment with a proven track record of individual, corporate and foundation gift solicitation on a personal ba
- Must have contacts and track record in the Clear Lake/ Bay Area Houston region and be willing to develop those relationships with donors and community leaders on behalf of ABNC
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills • Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with donor management software (such as DonorPerfect)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including events scheduled on evenings and weekends
- Ability to work from home or remote locations as needed with minimal office support
- Innovative thinker with capacity to achieve results both individually and collaboratively with others.
- Reliable transportation, full use of automobile, possession of valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
Candidates are invited to submit a statement of qualifications and cover letter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (281-474-2552) or mail to ABNC, Personnel, PO Box 58828, Houston, TX 77258. No phone calls, please. No agencies, please.