ABNC Employment Opportunities
The Armand Bayou Nature Center is home to a diverse and talented staff. ABNC hires a combination of permanent, temporary and seasonal staff to fill a variety of administrative, educational, and interpretive programming needs.
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a casual working environment, attracts friendly, dedicated professionals, and supports individual career development. Permanent staff turnover is typically low; though our needs continue to evolve as ABNC programming grows. As permanent positions become available, we will announce them here.
All applicants, whether responding to a posted announcement or seeking future employment consideration, must submit a completed and signed application form.
Current Staff Openings
Job Description: Outdoor Education Instructor
No Phone Calls. Send resume to .
Armand Bayou Nature Center’s Education Department is accepting resumes for part time, seasonal employment for our informal, outdoor education program. We are seeking passionate and energetic individuals who are comfortable taking children and adults into nature and who have or are willing to learn basic natural and cultural history concepts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A strong interest in nature and teaching children and adults
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Minimum age 18
- High school graduate preferably with 30 hours of additional education or higher
- First Aid, CPR and life guard certifications are a PLUS
- Able to establish a trusting and supportive environment to facilitate exciting program areas
- High energy, enthusiastic, creative, open-minded and flexible
- Willingness to work a varied schedule
- Ability to work as part of a team and with diverse groups of people
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and lead educational/interpretive hikes/demonstrations
- Must be self motivated, innovative and proactive
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Condition of Employment:
- This position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check and verification of the I-9 form.
- Planning, preparation and teaching of outdoor nature programs and activities to develop positive attitudes toward being outdoors
- Instruct children and adults regarding the diversity of ecosystems, plants, animals and cultural history
- Demonstrate experience in classroom management
- Manage or assist with groups of 12+ participants during their scheduled time
- Assist in the maintenance of all program supplies, equipment and facilities
- Work cooperatively with the public, staff and volunteers
- Ensure safety and well being of program participants
- Assist with other duties as required
- A commitment to the mission, values, goals and programs of Armand Bayou Nature Center
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Heather Millar, Director of Education; Armand Bayou Nature Center, PO Box 58828, Houston Texas 77258; firstname.lastname@example.org; email preferred. Armand Bayou Nature Center is an equal opportunity employer