ABNC Employment Opportunities
The Armand Bayou Nature Center is home to a diverse and talented staff. ABNC hires a combination of permanent, temporary and seasonal staff to fill a variety of administrative, educational, and interpretive programming needs.
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a casual working environment, attracts friendly, dedicated professionals, and supports individual career development. Permanent staff turnover is typically low; though our needs continue to evolve as ABNC programming grows. As permanent positions become available, we will announce them here.
All applicants, whether responding to a posted announcement or seeking future employment consideration, must submit a completed and signed application form.
Current Staff Openings
Donor Development Coordinator
No Phone Calls. Send resume to .
The Donor Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of fund development for the Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) including 1) major gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, 2) annual giving from memberships and all other sources, 3) grant writing, 4) fund raising initiatives and related special events, 5) marketing and public relations, and 6) donor management data entry, gift processing, and acknowledgements. The Donor Development Coordinator has direct responsibility for major gifts and annual giving programs.
This position reports to the Executive Director and also works closely with the Board of Trustees. It is important for this position to advance the values of the ABNC organization and our mission. The position is located in a dynamic workspace and is subject to an unstructured working environment and numerous interruptions throughout the day. As a member of the ABNC leadership team, the Donor Development Coordinator is expected to establish and maintain a high level of collaboration with all team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement all short and long-range development plans with Executive Director in order to diversify ABNC’s funding base and support its long-term business goals. Monitor progress against goals and produce periodic performance reports.
- Engage Board of Trustees and Fund Raising and Membership Committee members in fundraising activities. Engage Trustees and Marketing / Public Relations Committee members in community outreach activities.
- Coordinate with ABNC Education and Stewardship staff on the writing and submittal of grant applications to foundations, corporations and government agencies.
- Work closely with ABNC Visitor & Member Services, Education and Stewardship staff and volunteers to keep current, accurate records and ensure all donations are properly entered into DonorPerfect, Quickbooks and related databases.
- Prepare materials for Board of Trustees Fund Raising / Membership and Marketing / Public Relations committee meetings, attend meetings and coordinate follow-up activities.
- Collaborate with Visitor / Member Services staff to ensure membership goals and numbers are met or exceeded. Build relationships with current and future members. Evaluate and propose adjustments to membership benefits and levels.
- Proven track record of individual, corporate and foundation gift solicitation on a personal basis
- Innovative thinker with capacity to achieve results both individually and collaboratively within teams.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to the ABNC mission, and familiarity with ABNC programs
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including events scheduled on evenings and weekends
- Ability to work from home or remote locations as needed with minimal office support