Armand Bayou Nature Center Special Provisions
to the Rules and Regulations for County Parks in Harris County
- NO UNAUTHORIZED COLLECTING. All plants and animals found at Armand Bayou Nature Center are protected. The collection, removal, or harming of plants or animals are not allowed without advance ABNC approval.
- Trails are for HIKING ONLY. Jogging and biking accelerate wear and disturb wildlife and are not permitted. The Harris County Bay Area Hike and Bike Trail and the Pasadena Armand Bayou Hike and Bike Trail are nearby. There is NO PICNICKING on ABNC grounds. Trash and food scraps are bad for wildlife. Day use picnic areas are nearby in Bay Area Park.
- NO PETS are allowed at ABNC. For the safety of your pets and our wildlife, please leave your pets at home. A dog park is located nearby in Bay Area Park.
- NO WILDLIFE RELEASE is permitted at ABNC. ABNC is not a wildlife rehabilitation center and cannot accept injured wildlife. Release of any animal at ABNC is prohibited.
- For your safety and the health of our wildlife, DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS.
- USE CAUTION AT ALL TIMES. Potential hazards exist including snake bites and poison ivy. Site contains elevated walkways and platforms. Open water is present. For your safety, stay on designated trails and exercise awareness. PLEASE OBSERVE AND OBEY ALL TRAIL CLOSURE AND TEMPORARY WARNING SIGNS.
- Swimming, wading and/or bathing in ponds is not permitted.
- For safety, we require adult supervision of visiting youth groups.
- Alcohol is prohibited except for special events and with advance approval by the ABNC Director.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Public fishing and hunting are prohibited at ABNC. A public fishing dock is located nearby in Bay Area Park.
- Access to ABNC is restricted to the entrance on Bay Area Boulevard and during posted hours. Visitors must pass through Admissions. Access to ABNC management areas from the waterway is not permitted. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR BOAT OR PADDLE CRAFT AT ALL TIMES.
- Commercial photography and film making require advance approval by the ABNC Director. Special conditions apply to any professional photography at ABNC.
- Some ABNC facilities are available for group events with advance reservations. Please refer to the ABNC Facilities Rental Policy.
- NO SMOKING. Smoking is not allowed on any part of ABNC grounds.
- NO FIRES. Fires of any kind are not allowed without special permits.
Leave behind only footprints and take with you only memories.
ABNC is responsible for the development and administration of Harris County Precinct 2 park lands consisting of the Armand Bayou Park, Taylor Lake Park and 24 Acre Prairie Preserve. These Special Provisions are supplemental to the Rules and Regulations for County Parks in Harris County, Texas.
ABNC is responsible for management of the Armand Bayou Coastal Preserve, a cooperative program of the Texas General Land Office and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Use of Armand Bayou is subject to the Natural Resources and Conservation Title of the Texas Administrative Code.
Use of Armand Bayou is also regulated by City of Pasadena Municipal Code Section 38 for waterways and watercrafts. Gasoline powered craft are prohibited on the Armand Bayou Coastal Preserve
In addition to the above restrictions follow this link to general rules governing all Harris County parks. Rules and Regulations for County Parks in Harris County