ABNC Employment Opportunities
The Armand Bayou Nature Center is home to a diverse and talented staff. ABNC hires a combination of permanent, temporary and seasonal staff to fill a variety of administrative, educational, and interpretive programming needs.
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a casual working environment, attracts friendly, dedicated professionals, and supports individual career development. Permanent staff turnover is typically low; though our needs continue to evolve as ABNC programming grows. As permanent positions become available, we will announce them here.
All applicants, whether responding to a posted announcement or seeking future employment consideration, must submit a completed and signed application form.
Armand Bayou Nature Center currently has 2 positions available.
Donor Development Coordinator
Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) is seeking a professional donor developer to assist the Board of Trustees and Executive Director in growing the contributed revenue component of our annual operating income. This position will focus on company and organization sponsorships (unrestricted gifts) and serve as the fundraising liaison to business, industry and professional organizations in the ABNC service area. This position will collaborate with contract grant development staff for foundation giving and capital campaigns, and with ABNC department heads for project and program specific (restricted) gifts, membership drives, and special event underwriting. Negotiated revenue goals will apply to this position. This position currently reports to the Executive Director.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The candidate will be capable of planning and implementing actions to expand corporate and professional giving. The candidate is expected to strengthen existing donor relationships and develop new funding opportunities. The DDC will work primarily on unrestricted gifts (both monetary and in-kind) from individuals, corporations and professional organizations, and on an as-needed basis on annual giving campaigns and restricted grant applications, as determined by fundraising strategy plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing/revising fundraising strategy and action plan elements of ABNC’s Strategic Business Plan. Implement action plans to achieve contribution targets.
- Develop fundraising goals with Executive Director that diversify ABNC’s funding base among private business and corporate donors, and support its long-term philanthropy objectives. Monitor progress against goals and produce periodic performance reports.
- Collaborate with ABNC Visitor Services, Education and Stewardship Department staff to write and submit solicitations for gifts from foundations, corporations and government agencies as needed.
- Prepare materials for Board of Trustees Fundraising / Membership and Marketing / Public Relations committee meetings, attend meetings and coordinate follow-up activities.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 5+ years of experience in a professional fundraising environment with a proven track record of individual and, corporate gift solicitation on a personal basis.
- Preference will be given to candidates with contacts and track record in the Clear Lake/ Bay Area Houston region and willingness to develop those relationships with donors and community leaders on behalf of ABNC
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills • Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with donor management software (such as DonorPerfect)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including events scheduled on evenings and weekends, and to function in a dynamic and often challenging work environment
- Ability to work from home or remote locations as needed with minimal office support
- Innovative thinker with capacity to achieve results both individually and collaboratively with others.
- Reliable transportation, full use of automobile, possession of valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
Candidates are invited to submit a statement of qualifications and cover letter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (281-474-2552) or mail to ABNC, Personnel, PO Box 58828, Houston, TX 77258. No phone calls, please. No agencies, please.